Hola my JMQG peeps!
We are now have 4 full groups for our Round Robin. I am super excited. That will be 16 finished quilt tops with so much amazing talent participating! We are going to rock this.
Some of you already have made your center(starter) block, some of you have ideas twirling in your head, some of you are decided but need to still make it come to be, and still some of you may need some inspiration. So here are the ones that Robin, Candi, Yvonne, and I created.
- Bring your completed center block to the August 22nd meeting. If you can not be there please get it to someone that will be. Your center should be at least 12 inches. If it is too small it will get lost in the rounds and will not be the focal point in the end result. If you need inspiration try googling “Modern Round Robin quilts” or “Modern Medallion quilts”, Another idea would be to use that orphan block that you love but couldn’t figure out what to do with it or use your favorite modern technique or block to get creatively inspired.
- Please also include with your block a small journal of a few sheets of paper. Each person will add an entry. You start with the first entry. Explain how you came up with the idea for your center block. You can leave words of encouragement for the next person or wishes you may have for the finished quilt. It’s okay to specify colors you don’t want in your quilt or to say you would prefer all solids/tonals. Please, however, be flexible and open to the creator’s inspirational direction.
- As this is a Modern Round Robin, fabrics should have the modern aesthetic, and be quality 100% cotton
- Each round should be no larger than 6 inches.
- Each month you will trade off (I will let you know who at the August meeting) ending in December when we will show the finished top and give it back to the originator. If you can not make it to the meeting to trade off it is your responsibility to get the top handed off in a timely manner to the next person.
- Remember the completed top should be a surprise to the originator. Please do not share or show until the reveal @ the Christmas party in December.(psst…Yvonne)
- Most important, have fun, be creative, don’t be afraid to try something new and remember it will all come out in the wash 😉
At the August meeting I will provide a bag to each participant to store your round robin in while it is making it’s rounds to each person. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me.