We have all done it… procrastinated, added one more thing to the UFO pile, thought about learning something new, promised yourself that this year is going to be different. Well, we’re setting out to encourage us all to change, to grow, to thin out those UFOs, to keep that promise. JaxMQG has grown and we now have so many talented people and so many that are wanting to do something new. This year is going to be a busy one – something for everyone. So join in the fun, find the places you want to “plug in” and let’s have a blast.
This year will include: (this is only a sample of all that is in store)
- UFO Challenge – best of all you can win prizes for clearing out some or all of your UFOs (see the “…Challenges…” page for details and the form you need to fill out – or Laura can give you a form at the next meeting)
- Challenges – there will be challenges throughout the year – join in one or all of them – and, yes, there will be prizes as well as some great things to keep or share.
- Mini-Classes at each meeting – we’ll post a schedule on the “Meetings…” page – but we can tell you now that there will be applique (raw-edge & needle turn), bag making, travel bag making, wefty needle, paper piecing, sewing curves, and more. Click here for the 2020 mini-class list. But always check the calendar & meetings page for any updates.
- BOM – Jessie has already kicked off the Block-of-the-Month with great information and the first block. BOMmers will be able to meet and show off their BOMs or work on their BOMs together during the open sewing time at every meeting.
- Sew Glad It’s Saturday – bring your project and supplies and join the gang one Saturday a month at the Pablo Creek Library for a sewing good time.
- Timna Tarr is teaching her Map Making with Fabrics class in April (for a sneak peek go to Timna Tarr’s website)
- Of course, there’s bound to be a retreat or two — fun, food, and uninterrupted crafting time – oh boy! oh boy! oh boy!
Come on! You know you want to join the gang! Come join the fun!
You can find the dates of the meetings, Sew Glad It’s Saturday, and all other events by looking at the “Calendar of Events”. You can click on each event and get more information – times, locations, and details.